Here are some areas to review or ‘get organized’ when planning for your finances and retirement.
- Do you need to review your budget? Make sure your spending and savings behaviors line up with setting yourself up for success according to your goals.
- Is it a good time to re-finance your home or other loans? Visit with a professional to see if this makes sense in the current interest-rate environment.
- Who are the beneficiaries on your accounts? Review both your primary and contingent beneficiaries and make updates if necessary.
- Have there been any major changes in your life? Meet with your advisor to update your financial plan so you can be prepared for your future.
- What are your investment goals? Get the time value of money on your side by maximizing what you can contribute to an IRA, 401(k), or brokerage account to help plan for retirement.
- Do you have adequate insurance to protect your family and assets? Review these policies to see if any additions or changes need to be made.
- Do you have an estate plan in place? Making sure you have a will, durable power of attorney, and health care proxy can ensure your finances and family are financially sound.
- Are your important documents in an accessible place should someone need them? 6 Meridian offers a financial organizer to store and catalog your relevant documents in one place such as location of accounts, advisor contact information and copies of wills and other important financial documents.
There’s no time like the present to take an inventory of your ‘financial closet’. Reach out to your advisor about how we can assist you and your financial future.
Published by Rachel Becker | Registered Associate | Advisor